Saturday, November 3, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Blush in Giddy Gold: Review & Swatches


The e.l.f. Studio Blush in Giddy Gold is one of the goodies I hinted to in my earlier post.  It's not the first studio blush I've ever gotten, but it's definitely the first unusual color I've gotten.  Most things in the e.l.f. studio line are all $3, and this is no exception (I got it for $1.50, boo yea!).  They are available online as well as some Target stores.  The whole hoopla about these studio blushes is that it's supposed to mimic Nars blushes at a fraction of the price.  I'll let you make up your own mind on how similar the quality is.

To continue with the review and see swatches, click below.


Probably the first thing I should mention is that all the studio blushes I own tend to be a little powdery and kicks up a lot of dust when you swirl a blush brush in the pan (which doesn't happen with Nars blushes, FYI).  However, as long as you don't mind it getting a little messy, once on the cheeks it blends nicely and evenly.  No evidence of powdery-ness in sight.  The lasting time was decent as well, at about 4-5 hours.  The light color of the blush is probably the reason I didn't notice it much on my cheeks after awhile.  

Swatch

Giddy Gold is a light golden orange color.  It seems like it would be a really horrible color to put on the cheeks, but surprisingly it works.  I personally used it as a blush, which gives a nice glow on my cheeks without emphasizing my pores or making me look like a disco ball.  It helps bring warmth to my sometimes overly ruddy cheeks.  Darker skin tones can use this as a highlighter.  You can see in the swatch below the powdery-ness I was referring to earlier (the swatch isn't blended).


Bottom Line:  I like this color personally, but I can understand how it might be a tough sale for others.  The price point is great, and although powdery, it blends easily and evenly.  If you always wanted to try a weird blush color, go for Giddy Gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment