Sunday, November 11, 2012

e.l.f. Studio Mascara and Shadow Shield Review


Another item among the e.l.f. booty I bought is the Studio Mascara and Shadow Shield.  Granted, this just might be one of the most un-sexy items I might ever review, but it was MUCH needed.  I have stubborn eyelashes on my left eye that curls onto itself and I have the hardest time putting on mascara without globbing  half of it onto my eyelid as well.  I've been meaning to get one of these and with the sale going on, I took it as an omen to buy it.  You can buy this at certain Targets and from e.l.f. directly.  It costs $3.

To read the review, click the link below.
So this is what the shield part looks like up close.  It's made out of silicone, and has two scooped out areas, one larger than the other. You just put the larger scooped area over the eyelid or underneath the eye, depending on what you're using it for.  It comes in handy, and I no longer have mascara smudges on my one eye, yea!  I just wipe it down with a tissue once I use it and the excess mascara easily comes off.  You can easily wash/rinse it off as well.

Here's how you can place it under your eye to protect it from eyeshadow fall out.  This would be especially useful if you're using loose shadow.  Also if you align it correctly to the outer corner of your eye, the smaller scooped out area can be used as a guide for cat-eye liner.  I haven't tried this (nor was it mentioned in the literature), but I think it would work nicely.


I was having issues taking a picture of myself while holding the shield so sorry the picture is fuzzy, but you get the idea.  You need to actually get it close to the lash line when you put mascara on to protect your makeup (again coordination error on my part while taking the pic). I first apply mascara to the base of my lashes without the shield, and then just go right ahead and get the tips of my lashes coated with the shield in place.  I make a huge mess of the shield, but my makeup still is intact. 


Bottom Line: if you have any eyeshadow fallout or mascara smudging issue, this is the tool for you!  It's worth it, and you can't beat the price.  P.S. if you follow me on Twitter you'll get updates on e.l.f. codes and other discount info.

No comments:

Post a Comment