Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter Savior: eos Lip Balm Review

Strawberry Sorbet, Lemon Drop, Pomegranate Raspberry

Let's face it. Winter is the worst enemy to your skin, second to unprotected sun exposure.  My lips are always chapped, but winter takes it to a whole new level.  That's why I like keeping balm around with me or in areas I'll need them (purse, car, gym bag, etc.)  One of my "go to's" are the eos lip balms.  Of course these are nothing new, and have been around the block for a bit.  There was even a huge craze over them a couple of years back, and I did become introduced to these during that hype, but I just keep buying them.  What made me decide to post about these was the fact that I found a new flavor in the store: the red one in Pomegranate Raspberry.

To continue the review, click the link below.
Clearly I like these balms if the picture of three flavors isn't an indication.  The company's speel is that they are 95% organic and 100% natural, paraben/petrolatum free, and also contain vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil.  So it has a bunch of moisturizing ingredients, which is a must in a lip balm.  I do find that these are  one of the more moisturizing ones on the market.  I do also like LypSyl (you can read the review here), but eos has been my go to for years.  Besides the moisturizing factor, I like that it's ping pong ball size.  It's easy to find without actually having to look for it. As in I can find it at the bottom of my purse or while lazily reaching into my night stand for it.  I also like how large the application area is on this balm, I can cover both lips at one go.  It's nice for getting the corners of your lips as well.  The only downside to the size is if you are the type to carry your balm in your pocket it is a little unwieldly.

Currently eos has 7 different permanent flavors, and I like most of the flavors I tried. There are ones that I have repurchased multiple times over the years (such as Sweet Mint).  There are also ones that are medicated, have SPF, and special edition flavors.  Below you can see what a brand new eos lip balm looks like (the pink one in Strawberry Sorbet), and one that is almost used up (the yellow one in Lemon Drop, which does have SPF 15).  On a side note, one thing I have noted recently is that Strawberry Sorbet tends to go slightly "bad", as in it takes on a weird rotten scent.  The first one I got had no issues throughout the entire use. The second one I had to throw out halfway through, and thinking it was a fluke I bought a third one, which went funky when I was almost done with it.  Needless to say that flavor is one I won't get any more even though it was my favorite.  Others may not have had the same problem, but I wanted to point it out just in case.


Bottom Line: I love these balms, they're really moisturizing and as a whole very convenient and pleasant to use.  There are plenty of flavor options to choose from, making it easy to find one for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment