Tuesday, February 5, 2013

L'Oreal Paris Nail Color in Brit Invasion: Review & Swatches


I always have a soft spot in my heart for nail polish, and it just makes me happy that L'Oreal has been rather spot on in their offerings.  Brit Invasion is no exception.  For being a drug store brand, I honestly think these nail polishes live up to their high end counter parts without any problems.  Especially when they come out with interesting colors such as this one.  Brit Invasion is definitely one of those ugly pretty colors.  It's not much to look at since the base color is a rather muddy looking lilac/lavender that most likely won't appeal to many, but it has pretty gold shimmer/foil in it that just makes it pop.  I also kinda like ugly pretty colors.

To continue the review and see swatches, click the link below.


Because this is an ugly pretty color as I've described, I actually held off on buying it the first time I saw it.  It's unique and that originally caught my eye, but I was worried that the novelty of the color would wear off.  However, even after a few weeks I still wanted it, so I indulged my weird color propensity.  As you can see from the macro shot, the gold foil is nice and pronounced.  The nail polish itself applies very smoothly and evenly, and it is fully opaque in two coats.  It dries down to a nice shimmery finish, but I like adding a top coat for the extra oomph.  It lasted longer than most polishes on my nails (about 4-5 days), which is most likely because of the metallic foil in it.


Swatches

Here is a swatch on the nails.  I love how you can see the gold foil showing through the muddy purple.  I think this is a work appropriate color, which I can appreciate now that I'm supposed to be a professional. This is 2 coats.  

Sunlight Pic

The gold is obvious even in the shade.  Love it!

Shade Pic

 Bottom Line:  L'Oreal Brit Invasion is a great nail polish.  I think if you like "unusual" colors this should be up your alley (or if you want a work appropriate color that's not your boring neutral cream).  It's a unique color that you don't really find in most collections, it applied evenly, and it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment