Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Elf Studio Products: Review & Swatches


Here for your enjoyment today are few random items from Elf's Studio Line. These are not necessary new items (some are newer than others). They're just new to me. Just one of those, I was in Target and found myself by the Elf products, and this is what I ended up with.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.


First among my goodies are the Studio Baked Eyeshadows in Enchanted and Burnt Plum. These contain 0.12 oz of product for those of you who are curious. As a baked eyeshadow, it can be applied wet or dry. The long-lasting formula is touted as being silky and blendable to provide smooth and even application. It has plenty of fancy ingredients for being an eyeshadow. Mainly jojoba, rose, sunflower, apricot, and grape to help nourish and hydrate the skin. Seems like ingredients for a fruit salad or something, but whatever. I did like the formulation, and I didn't have any issue with sheerness of formula, which can be the case with some baked products. It gives a nice shimmery finished product with opacity. The two colors work well together as well.

Daily Moisture Stick helps to nourish and hydrate to leave softer, smoother, more revitalized skin behind. This contains grape, cocoa, shea, avocado, macadamia, aloe, and chamomile. I'm assuming they mean the respective butters/oils. I still don't know what to make of this. It's nice and portable, which is always a plus. It has a cooling sensation when applied (maybe the aloe at work?). It works well over makeup to a certain extent. I rub some on my fingers then tap it onto the areas I feel need extra moisture. For example, if I put too much powder under my eyes, this works well on top. It freshens things up. It's still important to be careful with application since you can move makeup around.

Studio Blush Brush is a synthetic Taklon haired brush that is formulated to be anti-bacterial. It can be used with either wet or dry products. It's a super soft brush (much like the other brushes in the Studio line). It's rather small for a blush brush. I think it works better to place highlighter and bronzer. Things that require work in smaller areas. It does work with blush as well, it's just not what I tend to use it for.





Swatches

Hand swatches on bare skin, no primer. As you can see, both shades of the Studio Baked Eyeshadows are nicely opaque. Both are metallic, but Enchanted has a higher metallic sheen content. It's a bright yellow gold with a hint of rose undertones (the swatch doesn't show that part well). Burnt Plum is a red based maroon/plum. This has visible silver shimmer in the pan, but that doesn't translate onto the swatch.

Burnt Plum, Enchanted
Bottom Line: I liked everything that I got, but not wowed with everything. I would get more of the Baked Eyeshadows. The Moisture Stick is nice, but not something I use frequently. I also like the Studio Brushes as a whole, but I don't have as much use for the Blush Brush as I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment