Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Liner: Review & Swatches


This product truly doesn't need any introductions since it's made the rounds already, but nonetheless, here are the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal. That is a mouthful of a name if there ever was one. As the name suggests, these are kohl kajal liners that are meant to be rich with pigment, while easily gliding onto the lids. As an drug store option, it's even more appealing.

To continue reading the review and see swatches, click the link below.


The packaging states that these are a waterproof kohl Kajal "Hydrofuge" liners that have high intensity pigment with creamy-smooth formula that glides easily onto the eye. Just like I stated earlier. It is true to the claim that it glides on easily, has rich pigment, and I would say relatively water RESISTANT. There are very few things (especially eye makeup) that are waterPROOF. This liner works well, and does last a long time on the lids and water line without irritation. If light colors can pull off this much oomph, then I'm assuming the darker shades can too. I have nothing against darker shades, but I didn't get any since I really don't need another dark black liner. I know, I speak heresy.

Swatches

Hand swatches from left to right: Nude, Taupe, and Light Blue. Clearly very original names, but at least it actually describes the color. Nude works well on the water line, and is similar to my skin color. Taupe is a slightly cooler, darker tan color that works well smudged along the lower lashes to give definition without being super dark. Light Blue is an ever so delicate baby/sky blue. I just like the color, it's not THAT useful. However, it does work to make the whites or your eyes whiter if you use this on your water line.


Bottom Line: With whatever color you choose, you can't go wrong. These are fabulously inexpensive, and often on sale. What more can a girl wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment